Home
Picture Of The Month

Mr. Manoj Sharma from Tappas Voyages visited Lucknow and captured the photograph of La Martiniere College.

La Martiniere College established in 1845, was founded in accordance with the Will of Major General Claude Martin. La Martiniere College was deeply affected by the events of 1857. The College was evacuated to the Residency on 13 June, 1857, on the orders of Sir Henry Lawrence, although the Principal, George Schilling, had fortified the school buildings and stocked provisions with the intention of defending La Martiniere. In 1938 as recognition of the role played by them, the College was awarded colours bearing the legend Defence of Lucknow, 1857. This is a distinction no other school in the world enjoys.